Friday, June 25, 2010

THING 3: Storyboards - Margaret Mitchell, Watch Out!

With God as my witness, I'll never digitize an adobe file again! Whew: who knew that getting the digital images to appear on my blog would be the hardest part of this endeavor?



Actually, creating a storyboard was pretty consistent with my way of thinking about writing and presenting information: as an English teacher, I am always teaching organization; therefore, the storyboards were a natural for me.



I liked the idea of using Power Point slides, but since my home computer doesn't have that particular application and since I was too lazy to get up and actually find my laptop (perhaps I am more like my students than I care to admit...), I decided to download one of the forms available through PrintablePaper.net and plow forward. 45 slides later, and I was through!



Honestly, I am not sure that my kids would tolerate the repetition involved in making a storyboard in one form and then transferring the data into another: the tendency to produce one document that is continually modified is probably more consistent with their practices.

I think that they could do this with PowerPoint, and in retrospect, might have been a good idea even if it meant getting up out of my chair... My mother definitely would have had something to say about this level of laziness...

1 comment:

nancym said...

I don't know about Powerpoint but I was able to download Photostory 3for free from the Microsoft Website. I started my "script" of information but haven't put it in a storyboard. I can tell that you are building up some momentum, or perhaps a bit of excitement. I can't wait to see how this will progress along.